Monday, June 20, 2011

Small Miracles Blog Hop


I am joining Fran at Small Bird Studios in her lovely Small Miracles Blog Hop. This post is to celebrate hope. I just finished reading Saving Graces by Elizabeth Edwards this weekend, and there was a quote in the first chapter that stuck with me. There were a few quotes I made notes of, but this quote is very fitting for this topic.

"One thing I had learned over the years: hope is precious, and there's no reason to give it up until you absolutely have to."

In the book, this quote was used in reference to her holding out hope that the doctors would not diagnose her with breast cancer, but I feel like these words can apply to so many situations, baby loss being one of them. I always hope for the best, despite the loss of River. I carry his heart in mine, and hope that I can share it with the world. I hope that because he is not here, I can share his story and help others through a devastating time, and let them see life can continue. It may not be the same as it was before River, but I can smile again, I can honor him and give others hope for the future.

"Hope is precious."

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I just got that book from the library today can't wait to read it. Beautiful post !!!

Holly said...

I love that quote you shared!

Franchesca said...

How true is that statement. As I read it I remembering feeling that urgency to hope when Jenna was in the NICU. Thank you for sharing it Deanna.

XO

Post a Comment