Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Busy, Busy

Things are the same old thing here, busy busy.
I will be honest and say that it has been a good week though!

I am working on the River's Garden idea, it will come together someday soon I hope! I am trying to organize flower pictures, upload and edit so I can make sure all the "bits" of this project will come together for all of my BLM friends.

I have become the Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope Postcard Distribution Manager, I asked Kristin about the job and after some time evaluating it, my heart led me to agree. If something pushed me to ask about it, then there is something pushing me to do it, most likely River. I am waiting for everything to arrive in the mail, so very soon I will be responsible for sending out these lovely cards and ensuring so many mothers are aware of Faces. It is an amazing thing that this team does, so I am excited to be part of it!

I have been working with a team at our hospital's OB on memory boxes. It is coming together. We have a list we are working on, the volunteer team for the hospital donated funds to get this project going. The team of ladies at the hospital has been wonderful to work with. One of them is a close friend that lost twins in 2010, so her and I are on a mission! Another team member is a nurse that was on duty the overnight shift when River was born and when I was induced with Asher. She is an amazing nurse and I am glad to have gotten to know her!

I am excited as River's Rally is donating funds and time to create some special gifts for these boxes. I have been working on a birthstone piece that is {so far} turning out lovely! If it goes as planned, this may be something else I will open up to the BLM through this blog... we shall see! We are also putting together bath salts and a candle for the family, and we are hoping to add tea and maybe seeds for gardens... it depends on how far the funds go!

We completed our shopping for Faith's Lodge. Part of the money raised for them this year went to buy supplies. We budgeted $500 to spend and we had a wonderful time shopping and stocking them up. We got everything from toilet paper to journal supplies! We are going there to make dinner this weekend, so hopefully we can unload our trunk soon! It is an honor to donate to this wonderful facility.

This week, I finally ordered books for The Compassionate Friends chapter in Milltown. We received a grant to spend {again $500} on library materials and resources to help our members and local families after the loss of a child. I am a librarian 40 hours a week, so I put alot into this and was able to purchase 34 books on varied types of loss, 1 CD and a cart to house it all! I am sooooo glad to have that off of my to-do list! Now waiting to get it delivered and organized for use!!

I think that covers most of what's been going on in my house this week. I really think I am going to try and blog more often and then {obviously} time gets away from me and it ends up being a weekly update! I hope that my "brilliant ideas" {ha ha!} work out and there will be an update on projects soon!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! You've been busy doing some many great things! I can't wait to see some of them!

DandelionBreeze said...

Certainly sounds like you've been very busy... and such wonderful work to be doing for others. Love to you always xoxo
{newyearmum2.blogspot.com}

Post a Comment