Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Minute Friday

This is my first participation in the "Five Minute Friday" but since I feel like I have barely 5 minutes, every day, this feels appropriate to do!


Here are the rules:
1. Write for only five minutes. Don’t edit. Don’t over think. Don’t stifle your creativity.
2. Link back to Gypsy Mama and invite others to join in.
3. Go leave some comment love for the five minuter
who linked up before you.

Today's Subject: A Few of My Favorite Things --

GO

*my sons

*my husband and his will to keep moving, even on days that I say: "I quit!"

*music

*my work, although I wish I could get paid to do all of the other "stuff" in life, I do enjoy working in a library. it is calm, and fun! although you'd think I get to read more.

*my family -- they are awesome!!

*flowers -- especially daisies, and daffodils, but most flowers in general make me happy

*River's Run & Ride Rally, has given me a way to be River's mother, even though he isn't here

*my friends, in real life and online, you all make me who I am, thank you!!

*laughing -- especially my sweet little boys' laughter :)

*going to church

*going out to eat, it's always wonderful to avoid doing the dishes and clean up!

*miracles -- they happen every day!

*butterflies, dragonflies, fireflies

*deer, bunnies and birds -- I grew a new appreciation for these after River's Garden came to life, these animals greet me every day (if spring ever comes!)

*on that note, SPRING!! which I am still waiting for in Wisconsin...it snowed again this morning (boo!!)

STOP

I could have thought of so many more! Making that list, really made my day better! It made me stop and really think, only about my favorite things... what are yours?

4 comments:

The Farmer Files said...

It snowed here, in Boston this morning, too. What an April fool's joke! Spring is here one day, gone the next. I am counting miracles every day. How often did I miss them before this year....

Deanna said...

the only difference is that our spring hasn't come yet, at all!! we still have 4+ inches of snow on the ground...ugh!

diana said...

Oh, this is just lovely. Thanks so much for a list that resonates so strongly with most of us - especially me, today. http://drgtjustwondering.blogspot.com

DandelionBreeze said...

Great idea... saw this on someone else's blog - will have to join in next Friday b/c it's already Saturday here. Love it xoxo

Post a Comment