Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Reminder

**UPDATE: APRIL 26TH, 2011. I HAVE DECIDED TO KEEP THIS OPEN UNTIL RIVER'S 2ND BIRTHDAY, APRIL 30TH -- THIS SATURDAY!!**

Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline to participate in this event is fast approaching!! I have been honored to make these stars for so many families, but if there is anyone that missed it, or would like to still purchase a "Sweet Shining Star" for their child, the last day I will take requests is this Saturday, April 23rd.
**************
1)I will purchase these stars (I think they are roughly 8" in size):

2) For a donation of $10.00 to River's Run and Ride Rally, I will write your child's name on the star of your color choice (blue, silver or pink) and display this at our event.

3) I will email you a picture of the stars hanging together, as well as mail your star to you after our event is over. I am also going to attach the following saying upon mailing: "Perhaps the stars in the sky are loved ones letting us know they are near by guiding us through the night."

All you need to do is make your donation here (click on the donate button in the sidebar) and in the notes field, please include your child's first name, the color star you would like, the email address of where to send the picture and where I should mail the star to upon completion of the event.
I have three goals with this project:
a) to bring smiles to the faces of the families I have met that have lost children, anything with River's name on it makes me so happy.
b) to raise awareness in my community of how losing a child impacts us, I want to visually show them that in a matter of 2 years, we have connected with so many people that are enduring the same loss. I want them to see how many people their donations can help.
c) to raise money for our event, last year we had a matching funds donation and this year we cannot get that again, so we are trying to raise that portion of our proceeds.

So, if you'd like to participate in this, please let me know by April 23rd, 2011. Please share this with anyone you know that would appreciate this idea. I look forward to celebrating your children with River at his 2nd birthday party!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Deanna, just wanted to let you know I've chosen you for the Stylish blogger award. You can visit this post to read more about it!
http://addisonswings.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-first-blog-awardand-much-needed.html

I hope you have a good weekend!

Post a Comment