Thursday, December 9, 2010

In Loving Memory of River Daniel

This poem was written by a very close friend and given to us, the day of River's funeral. I have it posted on my fridge with one of River's pictures and I look at it every day, many many times.

Tiny hands that held so much
Little feet you couldn't help but touch
River's journey was short, yet it forever goes on
Taken from our lives just feels so wrong
Your touch is lost
Perhaps just misplaced
The emptiness slowly takes shape
But this is all part of the cost
I can't bare the thought of distance
And my soul hates the pain
It's not shown on the outside
But this feeling still remains
To see you, not be here at all
I slowly crumble away
A simple kiss you miss
A time of joy and happiness
Life journeys your river, indestructible boat
Our thoughts and our love will forever keep you afloat.

Thank you so much, Aaron, for this poem. Absolutely beautiful words, that are so very true.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful keepsake to remember him!

Post a Comment