Sunday, February 6, 2011

Precious Boy

On Friday, Ben and I decided to go out to dinner just the two of us, I am pretty sure this is the first time that happened in a very long time, likely sometime when I was pregnant with River, 2 years ago! As we were dropping Asher off at Grandpa and Grandma Foerst's for a couple of hours, we saw 6, yes SIX, deer along the driveway. They just stood there and watched us drive by. They were fairly close to the road and I pondered if I could get the camera out fast enough, but didn't make it in time.

This was a very special moment in celebrating our birthdays, I know without a doubt that happening was because of my precious boy. River seems to have put deer in my path many times over the last year and a half. The photo above was a gift I received over Christmas, and it has a beautiful etching of a deer on it.

Thank you River, for wishing your daddy and I a happy birthday. It was wonderful to feel your presence more than just in spirit. We love you and are so grateful you celebrated our birthdays with us. You helped make this birthday weekend one of the most special birthdays we have ever had!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I have goosebumps!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a sweet gift!

I just wanted to stop by and meet your sweet River and I'm so glad I did. He is beautiful.

I also wanted to tell you, you won the Beauty Will Rise CD on my blog! And I would also like to send you a Dreams of You Memory Book and Comfort Bear in memory of River if you would like one. Please email me your address, and I'll ship these out to you. You can email our shipping address at sgm.shipping at gmail dot com.

Thanks so much! Have a blessed day!

Post a Comment