I got an award! This award is from Jamie at Forget-me-not, Oh Lord!. Thank you, I am so new to this, that connecting with so many people who are so thoughtful and kind is amazing! I started this blog, to share River's life and it has become so much more, thank you all!
Here are the rules that come with receiving this award....
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Share 7 things about myself? Hmmm...
1. I am married to my high school sweetheart (although we went to different schools) and we have been through everything, and I thought that we had endured a lot before our sweet baby River, but now I know that we can survive as long as we have each other to keep going forward.
2. I am blessed to be an angel mommy, but also a mommy on earth to an amazing little boy who is nearing 10 months old and literally takes my breath away every day.
3. I am an assistant librarian, which was a huge career change after River passed away and it was one of the best things I have ever done.
4. My family has been amazing, they have been there for me and worked hard to help us remember River. My husband's parents have also gone above and beyond. Thank you all so much!
5. I would love to find more time to organize my pictures, scrapbook (real or digital) and stamp cards. These are things I always wish I had available.
6. I have been trying to get back into shape, more than just a New Year's resolution. River and his little brother were born just a year apart and that takes a toll!
7. We want to have more children some day, but need to get many things in order first (#6 being one of them). So many people say now, "wait 'til you have more kids running around" and to that I think - I do! Being a parent to River is just as time consuming and exhausting as parenting Asher. It's just in a different way because he isn't here physically and so many forget that.
On to the award winners, that I am notifying:
* Amazing Mikayla Grace - Melissa is a momma I got to meet at Faith's Lodge when my husband and I were volunteering, we reconnected through Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope and since become support we didn't imagine!
*Mattie at Beauty Will Rise - I am finding much inspiration in her strength. I know they say we are all "strong" for going through this, but some can share their strength with others and Mattie does!
*Kristin at Dear Stevie... - I am new to her personal blog and have just begun to learn about her precious baby girl.
* Ella's Halo - this is a family sharing their love for their little girl with so many! It's amazing to see people doing something like this for others.
*Alissa at On KK's Butterfly Wings - I came into touch with through Melissa, and it is unbelievable how someone I have never met can be so supportive!
*Small Bird Studio's creator, Franchesca is another new one for me, she is celebrating the birthday week of her beautiful studio, check her blog out for some awesome giveaways!
*Our Journey to Bailey & Beyond is from a momma that is working through adoption, Danae. She has a beautiful idea and needs our help to put this together. Go over and check her out, give a hand if you can!
*Stephanie at Carried Through Grief is carrying her rainbow baby! This is a challenging task, as any angel mother knows, please give her your support as she endures this new adventure!
*CarlyMarie is one of the first inspirations I had. I have always wanted to find something to bring to our community, like she does & I just haven't found the right thing for me yet. I continue to be blown away by her work and generosity!
*The team at Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope is wonderful! They connect our world, and allow us a safe place to share our stories.
*Lea at Angel Wings Memorial Boutique is so generous and her work is beautiful, I have been meaning to get River's wings done...hopefully I can cross that off my to do list soon!
*Bree at My Baby Butterfly Ella has a beautiful parade of butterflies for our babies gone too soon.
*My Forever Child is something I was introduced to early in our journey as my mother in law found it, and got the tag with River's footprints for my husband. I only recently found her blog, thank you Sue!
*Names on the Sidewalk by Tiffany is another beautiful idea to cherish our children's names, they all would have loved to play with sidewalk chalk! Lovely idea and another thing on my to-do list!
*Lastly, a blog that has been worked on by a dear, dear friend in memory of our precious River. This is for the event that we host annually as well as fund raise for throughout the year, check out her work for us at River's Run and Ride Rally.
Thank you again, for giving me this opportunity to share my story. Thank you for reading about my precious baby boy. Thank you all for your support and love. Thinking of you all, and always remembering our angels,.